A Word from the Director and Founder:
Rachel Smolenski, MS-P
Hello! As a parent, I am aware of how expensive diapers can be. I understand that caregivers are not able to purchase diapers with SNAP Program benefits and many local pantries have limited supplies; it's hit or miss! There are no programs to cover the cost of this basic essential that so many of us take for granted.
While raising three young children, and then having another ten years later, I struggled weekly to ensure that my children were properly diapered. It is not a luxury in life, it is a necessity!
I am also a parent of twins and I know how difficult it is to have more than one child in diapers at a time. I am so pleased to offer FREE diapers and wipes to families in Knox, Waldo, and Northern Lincoln Counties.
The Diaper Fund was a dream that came to be in December of 2015. With almost a year behind us, we have seen and felt the need. We have diapered over 100 families, many with more than one child.
I hope to continue this fund and bring more educational and enjoyable opportunities to educate our community about Diaper Need in the near future.
1. Families MUST call ahead to determine if supplies are available.
2. At this time there are no income guidelines to receive diapers.
3. Diapers are given out on a first come, first serve basis.
4. Depending on the age and size of your child, quantities will vary.
5. Families will receive diapers for up to 3-5 days, depending on each child.
6. Limited cloth diaper and wipe supplies are also available.
7. A short survey MUST be filled out before collecting any diapers.
8. Lastly, diapers can be accessed once a week.
9. Diaper pickup is available only at our Rockport office.
10. The Diaper Fund hours are: Mondays 9-2PM and Thursdays 4-7PM.
The Diaper Fund is organized exclusively for a charitable resource to families in Knox, Waldo and Northern Lincoln Counties in Diaper Need for their child/children. The Diaper Fund distributes FREE diapers to any family in Diaper Need; with a specific, but not exclusive, focus on single-parent families.
The Diaper Fund's Mission is threefold:
The Diaper Fund's Vision
The Diaper Fund connects families in Knox, Waldo and Northern Lincoln Counties to community resources dedicated to wiping out Diaper Need through a supportive and educated network.
What is Diaper Need?
Copyright 2013. Rachel Smolenski. All rights reserved.